Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma

Today is my Grandma's birthday and although she may not be here physically I know she is here with us. The dimes on the floors over the years have proven that time and time again. God took Grandma way too soon from us but he does these things for a reason. I'm sure he just needed somebody up there to play bingo and blackjack with.

Grandma wanted nothing more than to be a Great Grandma and while the timing may not have worked out that she got to meet her great grandkids she did a wonderful job of sending down two angels in her place. I see traits of my Grandma in my kids that make me smile all the way from my head to my toes.


From Taylor's love of biscuits and gravy one morning at breakfast to being able to name any Elvis song on the radio (without ever being exposed to Elvis). Taylor is the angel that my Grandma sent down to help us deal with her passing.


Cody's traits are just starting to show and really shined a few weeks ago as we drove to school and he spotted a garage sale sign leftover from a weekend sale and got excited. Grandma would never let us pass a sign without making a u-turn in the middle of the road to go track down a garage sale.


Forever in our hearts and always in our minds...

Happy Birthday Grandma!!!
Peace Out...Cub Scout!!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

The Creative Princess said...

Awww Jess!!!! That was wonderful to read! Isn't it just amazing how you see those things in the kids?!? Madison does things sometimes and I am like where in the world did she get that?!?! lol But what is funny is my Granny would do the same thing! lol I love it, it makes me feel like she is still here with us.
Love you girl!