Saturday, August 16, 2008

Perfect match: Night light & shower curtain

It's really the simple things in life that make me so happy. Two weeks ago I ordered a night light off eBay, it has three surfboards on it. This single night light was my inspiration for re-dong the kids bathroom from the current rubber duckie theme which they have way outgrown. My plan was to start with the night light and see what path I ended down. Tropical, nautical, Hawaiian, really the possibilities were endless. Then last week I was on eBay (no big surprise, you will learn that I frequent that sight very very often) and came across a shower curtain that brought it all together for me and sealed the deal on where my theme would head. The shower curtain has surfboards, hibiscus flowers, and stripes. Awesome! I could totally work with that combination. I bought the curtain (thankfully a buy it now so I didn't have to play bidding wars with anybody) and this week the curtain came in. I tore open the package excited to see how it look in person.It was even cuter than I imagined!! Then I looked more closely at the picture and something seemed weird about the surfboards on the curtain. I felt like I had seen them before. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, those surfboards are the same exact ones on the night light. Score!! Turns out the curtain and the night light are made by the same company and are part of a matching set. I can't wait until I get the final few pieces for the bathroom and can put it all up now.

1 comment:

Kylee said...

Wow, what luck! Can't wait to see the finished product!