Thursday, December 18, 2008

Taylor & Cody & Us Updates

Since it has been so long since I've Blogged I'd figure I'd give you some updates on the kids and what we've been up to.


Taylor -- Doing awesome with the Kindergarten studies, she is starting to understand words and how to sound them out and should be reading in no time. She had a photographic memory and basically remembers everything she sees. Matter of fact we thought she was doing good and reading but turns out she was just memorizing the book after the first go through. How did we learn that you ask...Check out this conversation we had in the car one day.

Taylor: Mommy, do you want me to read, Hop, Hop, Hop to you?
Mommy: Sure, honey but you don't have the book.
Taylor: That's ok I don't need it.

Taylor then proceeded to "read" the book and didn't miss one word. That's when we figured out how good she was memorizing. But they do say that the first part of reading is being able to memorize the sight words. Also in the last month Taylor had her first parent/teacher conference. The results of the conference is that Taylor is doing wonderful!!! She has mastered all of the basic necessary skills and even some that she doesn't even need to know yet. Taylor sat down with Jeremy to go over her progress report and was devasted to learn she had room to learn and was not perfect in every single thing on the chart. She had a bit of a meltdown but over time, and a lot of convincing from dad and mom, she got better about the areas that were not perfect. I see a lot of me in Taylor when she gets into her "has to be perfect" moods.


Cody -- Three words could describe Cody right now...boy, boy, boy. Wow! Him and Taylor are like night and day. Cody will not sit still for any period of time and always has to be doing something. His current fascination is fire trucks and fire truck men. He has decided he wants to be a fire truck man when he grows up to put out fires and save people. His collection of fire truck stuff is growing by the minute and he has even requested a fire station from Santa this year. Besides being facinated with fire trucks his personality is really starting to show and he can go from sweetest thing on earth to a total pain in less than 60 seconds. The thing is when Cody is Sweet Cody he is the beyond sweet. Cody is truly in love with his sister and wants to do everything she does and would and does anything and everything for her. Cody still has at any given time at least one tool in his hands, pocket, or right next to him in bed. Most times it is a screwdriver but he does settle for pliers, wrenches, or a hammer.

Jeremy & I are just busy with work and getting ready for the Holidays. The new job for me is going really well. I'm starting to get into my groove and I no longer get off the shuttle and head to the other building I used to be in. I've re-arranged the office a few different times but think that I have now settled on a set up that I like. Jeremy is busy, busy, busy with work and has been playing Mr. Dad even more this last month with the kids since I have been busy learning the new job. I'm still in school and plugging away at that, less than a year to go and I'll have my Bachelor's.

That in a nutshell is what we have been up to. I have a lot of pics and other random things that I'll be posting....I'm not even going to say when since I don't want to set myself up for failure again. I'll just leave it at one day I'll post again. LOL!!!

Peace Out...Cub Scout!!!
Photobucket

No comments: