Saturday, September 6, 2008

Taylor's Breakfast Adventures

I'm sitting here in shock over how fast my Little Princess is growing up. Take this morning for example. Taylor usually gets up before Jeremy, Cody & I on the weekends and she will go to the family room, turn on some cartoons and watch them for a bit. At first the idea of her being out there by herself before we all got up scared me. However, I convinced myself of three things (these are purely for my own good to convince me that I'm not a bad mom and it's ok for her to be up in the morning while the rest of us are catching a few extra snoozes). 1)We have an alarm system that will for sure wake us up if she dares to open the door or any window. 2)She is getting old enough to be alone for a little bit and we are just right there in the next room over in case something drastic should happen. 3)Deep down I think she enjoys the down time of having the house to herself and nobody telling her what to do, even if it is typically only 20 - 30 minutes.

Now let me tell you about this morning. Today at about 7:30 Taylor comes into the room and I here her sweet little voice, wanting to wake me up but not really wake me up. "Mommy, can I show you something?" Of course as soon as I hear her voice I go into mommy overdrive and get right up thinking something is wrong because she never comes in to wake me up. I see she is walking and appears to be fine, but I'm still panicking. I follow her to the family room expecting the worst. When all of a sudden she is standing by the kitchen counter, grinning ear to ear. My heart returns to normal and at that moment I felt a range of emotions from proud of what a grown up Little Princess I have, relief that she is ok and there is nothing wrong, and sad to think of just how fast she is growing up. What did I find you ask??

A pan on the stove, with scrambled eggs ready to be cooked up. Taylor took the eggs out of the fridge, cracked them in a bowl, scrambled them, then got a pan out of the cabinet placed it on the stove and poured the eggs into the pan. She was coming to wake me up so I could come out and cook them for her since she knows she is not allowed to use the stove.

I was shocked and amazed. I underestimate sometimes what she is capable of doing but the fact is she is growing up right before my very eyes.

1 comment:

Kylee said...

She's a smart little girl!