Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cody's Weekend with Grandma

A few weeks ago Cody got to experience his first "hotel" weekend with Grandma. Taylor and Grandma Brenda (GB as Taylor likes to call her) started this tradition a few years ago when Cody was just a little guy. Taylor lives for these special weekends where GB takes her to a hotel and they get to spend the night having fun, shopping, eating, and just escaping for a few days.
Cody's hotel night was at the Sheraton Universal. The day started off with Cody charming his way into a room with a view and an upgrade to the VIP level complete with free food. When my mom called to tell me this I was so excited for the two of them. After the two of them got checked into the hotel they headed out for a day of fun in the sun at Universal Studios.
I was for sure my little guy would have a blast, I mean I love the place so why wouldn't he. Wrong, wrong, wrong. I was very wrong. My Little Guy hated the tram ride. Too much scary stuff for one little boy. Maybe in a few years he will change his mind, in the meantime it looks like the season passes I was contemplating are out the door.
My mom and Cody spent the rest of the day hanging out and doing some serious shopping. Part of "hotel" weekend always seems to include an even advanced level of spoiling my GB. But since it's not every day mommy let's it slide and even more so because the kids love their one on one time with GB. They are only young once right, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

The "tourist" shot in front of the Universal Globe Waterfall
Getting ready to take off on the tram ride
Cheese crepe a.k.a Quesadilla to Cody
Big giant bed all to himself and one of his many newly aquired toys from the weekend
What happens with Grandma, stays with Grandma, except when Grandma comes back with evidence. Up past his bed time...eating candy and drinking soda. Now I know why the kids love Hotel Weekends so much
Milk and a banana for breakfast, he loved his coffee cup
The view from the room, they overlooked mommies office

Cody had an awesome weekend and now talks about the next "hotel" night with Grandma and what he wants to do.

Peace Out...Cub Scout!!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Now THAT looks like a fun weekend!