Sunday, May 10, 2009

99 Days

About 7 weeks ago or so I made the decision to double up on my final classes in an attempt to finish my degree just a tad sooner. Already done with my first set of 2 classes at a time and I'm pleasantly surprised at the fact that I'm not drowning yet. It probably helps that my last few classes were focused on what I do for a living anyways so it's not too difficult. So what exactly does doubling up mean, it means that I'll be done a little over 100 days sooner than planned.
Even more exciting is that in 99 days I will be done with my Bachelor's degree. It's weird to sit back and think that less than 3 years ago I set out on this adventure, a full time working mom of 2 kids (at the time Taylor was 3 and Cody had just turned 1) set out on a mission to earn my degree.
It has not been easy, I've made a lot of sacrifices, but in the end I wouldn't change a thing. The hard work has paid off with two promotions since going back to school and the sky is the limit.
While I would love to say that in just 99 days I'll never have to go to school again this isn't the case. Since my education goals now include a Master's degree I still have many more sleepless nights of writing papers ahead of me. But I'm getting there!!

Peace Out...Cub Scout!!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Congratulations, Jess! What an accomplishment!