Monday, October 13, 2008

My Adventures in Knitting

So finally, a reason why I have been so behind on my Blogging. I've taken up a new hobby and it has almost taken over my life. But that's ok, because it is fun and relaxing and gives me a great way to pass the time on the train. My new hobby, in case you didn't figure it out from the title of this post is knitting. My adventures in knitting began a few months ago when I was on the train and spotted my friend Mimi knitting a sweater for her little boy. That is all it took...I knew then and there I needed to learn to knit so I could make a sweater for Cody. It took me another month or so of convincing myself that indeed I could figure this stuff out and I must admit that I have come a long way from calling the knitting stuff sticks and thread (the correct term is needles and yarn) and not having the slightest idea what frogging is (when you have to rip something out because you totally messed it up) to being able to knit up 4 total hats so far and am working on my latest project, the sweater for Cody that kicked it all off. Here are some pictures of my completed projects....all hats. But I promise as soon as the sweater is done I'll put up some pics for your viewing pleasure. The most surprising thing about knitting is just how darn relaxing it is and how portable it is. I can take my knitting anywhere and just pull out the circulars and yarn and knit away. However, at the same time it is also time consuming in that it is taking away from my Blogging time.



My First Hat
Second hat
Third Hat

Peace Out...Cub Scout!!!
Photobucket

No comments: