Monday, February 16, 2009

Toilet Seats

Can't say I ever thought I would be Blogging about toilet seats but I came to this realization today that these darn seats are going to be my continual challenge. It took me many years to train Jeremy to put the darn seat down when he was done using the restroom. Through those years of training I spent many of conversations with my co-workers on just how to get men to understand how uncool it is to to go the restroom and find your tooshy sitting on a freezing cold toilet bowl. Sure I could always check before I sit, which is what I started doing. But what a hassle. Over time the battle was won and Jeremy now puts the seat down after every pee. Success!!

For about the last year Cody has been potty trained and has been basically standing to pee since he first learned. I figured I would start early with Cody and explain that the seat goes down after every pee.

The problem...Cody would rather just not lift the seat at all and just try to pee over it which he of courses misses and lands right on the toilet seat. I know Cody's future wife is going to hate me because she is going to have to train him to put that seat down just like all the other wifes out there. But it sure beats sitting in pee on the seat.

I can't win with these guys, seat up...seat down. I think Taylor and I will take over one of the bathrooms and make it girls only.

Peace Out...Cub Scout!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You know what I don't get? Why is it that they can't manage to pee IN the toilet? Aim, men, aim! Grant is worse than Dylan!

Stacy said...

We have this problem with Zan too. It's like lifting the seat up or down is just too much work. Why?!?