Saturday, June 7, 2008

How many cards does it take to fill your tank?

Gas prices are really getting out of control, well actually this post is a few weeks late for that statement. Gas prices are no longer out of control they are ridiculous. I have been watching the prices for the past months and saw them rising but it wasn't until last night that I realized how ridiculous it really is. Here goes my story.

Last night I went to Costco to get some gas, at 8:30 at night it is usually pretty empty there but not last night. It was extremely crowded. I waited for the 6 people in front of me to get gas and I pulled up to the pump behind a big raised super cute truck. If the guy in front of me knew I called his truck cute he might not be happy, but I digress.
So we both begin to pump gas into our vehicles. Mine stopped at around $65.00 not too bad, but I wasn't all the way on empty. The guy in front of me though kept pumping, he must have been closer to empty than I was. Next thing I know it clicks off, whew I could tell the look of relief on his face. He then looked at the pump and realized it shut off because it hit the max transaction, $99, not because the tank was full. He had to pull out another card to finish filling his tank! When it takes a person two cards to fill their gas tank I think that is the point where it hits ridiculous!!!

How many cards does it take to fill your tank?

1 comment:

5littlemonkeysjumping said...

believe it or not it takes me over 99 as well to fill my suburban. its freakin crazy. i walk everywhere now and i don't drive more than 5 miles a day